Storage in liquid nitrogen can make vials shrink. This may cause liquid nitrogen to seep into the vials, which on re-warming, expand and subsequently explode as nitrogen vaporizes inside the vials. Dry storage eliminates this possibility. Also, the design of CBS systems provides added user safety by eliminating contact with or splashing of liquid nitrogen.
Studies have shown that viral, bacterial and fungal pathogens can survive after suspension in liquid nitrogen. Infected samples can cross contaminate other samples in the same liquid nitrogen tank. Dry storage eliminates the possibility of cross contamination.
• Dry storage greatly reduces the risk of cross contamination.
• Added user safety by eliminating liquid nitrogen contact.
• Utilize the entire storage space; no space lost to bulky platforms.
• Liquid nitrogen temperatures with no liquid nitrogen contact.
• Vapor circulation provides better visibility in the storage area.
• Wide lid opening for easy access to all racks.
• Accommodates all standard rack systems.
• Industry best temperature uniformity.